I am sure you might have heard about the word “Coronavirus” at school or at home. Today we will understand “what is coronavirus”, What are symptoms of coronavirus?
What is coronavirus?
Coronaviruses (kuh-RO-nuh-vy-rus) are a large group of viruses that can cause illnesses as minor as a cold. It affects our upper respiratory tract. It causes a disease called COVID-19.
The virus is named after its crown-like shape.
COVID-19 stands for Corona Virus Disease 2019.
‘COVI’ stands for coronavirus,
‘D’ for disease,
‘19’ for the identified year (i.e 2019)
What is Virus?
Viruses are germs that can make people as well as animals sick. Viruses cause colds, chickenpox, flu, hand, foot, and mouth disease, and many other diseases. Coronaviruses are also one of them.
What Are Germs?
Germs are tiny little micro-organisms that exist all around us. We can not see them with our naked eye. We can only see them with the help of a microscope. They are different types such as bacteria, viruses, fungi, and protozoa that can cause disease.
Signs & Symptoms of the New Coronavirus are very similar to the flu or cold (which you might have had before).
A general feeling of being unwell
Just like the common cold, the coronavirus is spread through coughing or sneezing.
Though, there are very few cases of this virus in the kids, we must follow some instructions provided by the doctors for kids –
- Wash your hands using soap and water or alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Wash for at least 20 seconds after bathroom use, before eating, and after going to public places, after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Also, avoid touching your mouth, eyes, and nose before cleaning.
- To protect others, always cough and sneeze in your elbow.
- Don’t go out when you’re not feeling well to rest your body and also avoid spreading germs to others.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
In case, kids do get the virus, don’t panic. It tends to be very mild. Visit your doctor.
If you need to know about the new coronavirus, click here
Also visit here to know all about Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)