20 Weird Animal Facts
1. Worms have FIVE hearts.
2. A snail can sleep for 3 years without eating
3. If you cut off a snail's eye, it will grow a new one.
4. Leeches have 32 brains, 10 stomachs, 9 pairs of testicles, 2 hearts, 300 teeth grouped in 3 jaws, and more than 2 pairs of eyes.
A leech’s internal structure is divided into 32 separate segments, and each of these segments has its brain.
Did you know? One desert variety of leech lives in camels’ noses; another feeds on bats. Some eat hamsters and frogs. The Giant Amazon leech, which can grow to 45cm long, feeds by inserting a proboscis-like a 10cm-long straw – into its prey. source
5. Jellyfish have 2 dozen eyes but NO hearts
6. Ants don't have ears
7. Girl crickets don't chirp
8. Woodpecker tongues wrap around the back of their brains
9. Black eagles watch their children fight to the death without interfering
10. Emus can't walk backwards
11. Herring fish communicate with farts
12. Elephant babies suck on their trunks the way human babies suck on their thumbs
13. Turtles breathe out their butts
14.Whales that sing in the wrong key get lost and are alone in the ocean
15.Seahorses are one of the only animals where the male becomes pregnant
16. If a chinchilla gets wet, it might never get dry
17. The sea squirt eats its brain
“Lots of animals will however chew through their own legs or tail to free themselves from a trap.” This behaviour of eating one’s body is called “autocannibalism”.
The sea squirt eats its brain as part of its life cycle. It does not so much “eat” or “digest” its simple brain. Instead, it recycles it to make other, more useful organs. (Source) Garden lizards also eat their tails for calcium.
18. Sloths come down from their trees once a week to use the bathroom
19. Sea turtles never meet their moms
20. Birds can't go to space because they need gravity to swallow
Do You Know? Birds can’t be brought into outer space because birds need gravity to swallow food. A few days before, NASA has put on an experiment with a bird. They brought birds into space. After the ship passes the gravity level, the bird is not eating anything, and it has some balancing problems.
NASA officials thought that it is just a gravity problem, but suddenly, the bird’s beaks were pointed to the ground every time. He is not lifting the beak. Then the team identifies the birds need gravity to lift their beak. So this was breaking news to all people around the globe. The entire US officials congratulate the team of techs. source